I bought another game camera at the Big Buck Sports closing sale. A Wildview for $40. I couldn't pass it up. I spent a few hours one afternoon making two mineral licks. That was incredibly difficult without a four wheeler. Those 50 pound sacks of salt, along with a shovel, two game cameras, and a box of powdered sugar tested my back. Two weeks later, I checked the cameras. Here are the fruits of my labor.
Our first buck. It looks young, but keep in mind that its antlers are just now starting to grow. You can see another in the very left part of the screen. I can't tell if it is a male, though I assume it is. They tend to group together this time of year.
The deer in this photo is licking the root ball of this fallen tree. 6:00 a.m. in the morning. I'll have to get up early.
Another day, though it appears to be another, if not the same, buck. This time, the deer is feeding in the afternoon. I put it at 2.5 to 3 years of age. This one has my name on it.
The last decent photo in the fading light. The other game camera died after four dark photos. I dropped a little salt in front of this camera in what appears to be an old salt lick. There were deer tracks all over it. I wish it hadn't died.
No comments:
Post a Comment