Sunday, June 13, 2010

May 23 through June 12, 2010

Only one camera was working during this time period, and apparently only then for three days. I checked the mineral station camera on May 23, replacing the SD card. I left there for the next three weeks, thinking I'd have some great pictures. To add to my excitement, when I got down to the mineral station on June 12, I could see huge hoof prints in the mud, where the deer--large deer--had clawed at the mud and stump. Imagine my dissapointment when I got home and discovered the batteries had lasted only three more days, enough to take three pictures of an extremely pregnant nanny as she passed through the forest.

At 9:40 p.m. on the day I checked it, no less.

I changed the batteries in both working cameras and stuck new SD cards in them. In another three weeks, I should have plenty of good photos. Hopefully, those photos will include some spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment