Sunday, August 15, 2010

Work Day Clean Up

My daughter accompanied me back to the land Sunday afternoon to do a few housekeeping things. The camp looked outstanding after Jay mowed it. A simple mowing does a huge difference. Whenever Caroline comes with me to the camp, she insists on going to see the school bus in the middle of the woods. Due to our lack of bushhogging, walking the short distance to Bus Road made me uncomfortable. We absolutely have to get in there with a bushhog and take care of business.
First thing we did was go to my shooting platform and finish the flooring. I added ten more inches of flooring to shore it up. I then cleared out every bit of brush that blocked my shooting lanes. Now, I can see perfectly up and down Pond Circle Road. We also poured a bag of stump licker all over a stump off the trail. I set the camera up in front of it. If this stuff works like the bag said it would, I should get some interesting pictures.
I also hung a tire swing at the camp. I swiped a brand new tire from my neighbors trash pile. It isn't a full sized tire, but it's perfect for the seven and under crew. Caroline christened it in grand style.





No comments:

Post a Comment